As everyone with any shred of integrity should be well aware, the underground is always the place you’ll find the best stuff – and perhaps no man knows that more than Wrath. The man has been busy in the Greek underground with projects such as Dødsferd since around the turn of the century and has operated in the shadows, for the shadows the entire time. So it’s only natural that he’s now finally started his own label focused on true subterranean DIY ethics – FUCKING YOUR CREATION RECORDS & DISTRO.
Titled after the Dødsferd album of the same name, F Y C Records (as it’s abbreviated to) seems set to be equally as savage as that record, with a killer triumvirate of releases already out and infecting the world: a reissue of eighth Dødsferd album The Parasitic Survival of the Human Race, the debut self-titled Leeches demo that’s one of the best of the year and if you haven’t heard it yet you’ve been fucking up hard, and for one completely out of left-field, 2TheBone‘s debut EP of rock/punk entitled Bliss. All superb… and all sold out by now besides the Parasitic repress. However, you can check out the other excellent records and merch on stock at the label Facebook Page and hit up email@example.com to place your order – this label deserves your support and I can’t fucking wait to see what’s in store for the future.
Luckily, to enlighten us as to what exactly that may be we’ve scored the honour of having a chat with the man himself, Wrath! So read on below, have a listen to those three initial releases scattered throughout the interview… and hail F Y C RECORDS!
Greetings Wrath, and congratulations for the formation of Fucking Your Creation Records & Distro! For those who don’t know, you have been active for around 20 years with Dødsferd, Grab, Nadiwrath and more… was starting a label something you always wanted to do? Why do you feel the time is right for it now?
– Thank you very much Aaron for your support and the chance you are giving me to present my label Fucking Your Creation Records and my way of thinking; the philosophy behind this label and my points of view on this self destructed scene. Rock ’n roll is not for everyone, especially for the ignorant masses!!! All these years working as a musician with labels, I understood that things have changed and they have managed to follow the worst case scenario for the underground scene. I was fed up with all this bullshit and I decided to create my own label, in which I could revive the underground philosophy and work with musicians and bands, which during these difficult periods for the underground music, they managed to stay loyal and faced this shitty culture of the masses with dignity and self respect. With the same respect, passion and devotion they will create with me a new era for the underground scene. I work only with individuals and bands that I knew from the past; these are the ones who have the will and guts to follow with me, not the easy path of fame, money and sold out of music identity, but the path that only true and honorable underground heroes follow. They care to protect and spread their philosophy, but with respect and dignity to the underground scene! Now that the scene is full with parasites who think they can become rock stars, only by spending money for their image and other vital stuff, that the nowadays labels have created, I decided to create my own label; a label only for the few, like my bands!!!
The label’s first three releases are superb – a reissue of the ripping eighth Dødsferd album The Parasitic Survival of the Human Race, the debut Leeches demo, and 2TheBone‘s debut EP of rock/punk entitled Bliss. Three unique releases, yet similar in a kind of punk ethos – is this an indication of the style of releases we will see on the label going forward?
– Thank you very, very much for your words!!! All of my bands are dedicated to the underground scene and their ethos is what my label seeks for in order to welcome them and be a significant part of FYC Records. Expect different kinds of genres but with the same philosophy and attitude towards nowadays’ fucked up scene!!! If I want to work with a band / musician that his / her style of music is pop / alternative or something completely different from what I have done all these years but it’s underground and loyal to his / her beliefs, I would sign them. I care only for my opinion and judgment!!! I don’t follow trends and who is going to sell more, or have more followers on his/her site.
2TheBone‘s EP Bliss is a particularly interesting addition to the label. What’s the story behind their signing?
– George Rigas, the man, the legend behind this band, is a real tough motherfucker!!! I knew him for more than 15 years. We had shared the stage with our bands, when I was still in Drunk Motherfuckers. We had also arranged a tour in the past. That was fucking underground!!! He is real and loyal to the underground propaganda!!! There was always a mutual respect and support and when I created this label, he was the first one to speak in order to release his work with his uncompromising band, 2thebone!!!! I released his EP in 50 hand numbered copies. It was sold out very quickly!!!! Now he is working on his debut full album that I am going to release in Digi CD format!!! True unstoppable rock’n’roll motherfucker!!!!
I must admit – I fucking LOVE the Leeches debut! It’s one of my surprise favorites of the year. How did this vicious stab into the heart of life itself come into being? Will there be a follow up?
– I like it too!!! The founder, drummer/guitarist of Leeches, N.D. is also the drummer of
Dødsferd and Grab! We know each other for more than 6 years and the last two years we have done so many things. One of it was the Leeches project!!! He just recorded the music and sent me the songs to record vocals!!! The result was the birth of this unholy project!!! And of course there will be a follow up!!! He is unstoppable too. He has already recorded some new songs and they are totally killer!!!!
The reissue of Dødsferd‘s great The Parasitic Survival of the Human Race contains ‘Stachtes’ – an extra track, freshly recorded for this release! Why did you decide to record another song?
– The Parasitic Survival of the Human Race is an album that was a fist in the face of the corrupted governments, their useless followers and their provocative laws, which the ignorant and brainless masses approved and followed blindly!!! They are trying to impose their deadly laws, in order to feed more and more their fat bellies and satisfy their thirst for more money and misery all over the world!!! Things got worse since then, so I wanted to re-issue this album, with a new song ‘Stachtes’, which means ‘Ashes’ and was suitable for this period of my life and this era. It’s totally dedicated to their fucked up measures and their parasitic way of living. They want to create puppets, crawling worms that could easily crash them whenever they disobey to their rules!!! Fuck ’em!!!! We will fight till the end and this world will be left in ashes, till we rebuilt it again with our values of justice and respect!!!
Stylistically speaking, The Parasitic Survival of the Human Race was markedly different to the two albums that follow it, and seven years has passed since its creation. Did you find it difficult to slot back into the energy of that album during the writing/recording of ‘Stachtes’?
– Not at all!!! I work for my band on full engines!!! I never do something if I don’t feel it!!!! ‘Stachtes’ is different from the rest of the album, ‘cause I am different!!! I record music, according to the demands of the demons in my head!!! It has its own energy and passion in a different way!!! It’s more violent and straight to the point! If you check also the official video for this song, on the official YouTube channel of my band, then you will understand how the feelings of total hatred and frustration drove me to create this song!!!
Given the style of your first three releases plus the fact that it is named after the savage Dødsferd album Fucking Your Creation, I see you have not mellowed in your approach! If F Y C Records were to have a “mission statement” for the future, what would that be?
– That alive or dead, young or old, alone or with my kind, I will still fucking his useless creation from all the corners of the earth, wherever I am and I will be!!!
The label was started shortly before the beginnings of the worldwide pandemic we have now found ourselves in the grip of. How have you navigated the label through these troubling times, has it affected your operations and plans at all?
– Nothing can affect me, except of my own self!!! If I want to do something, I will do it! I don’t gain money from my music, or my label!!! If I had to wait, I would wait, doing something else that would ease the demons in my head! So even if the world collapses, I will find a way to fulfill my vision! Only Wrath can kill Wrath!!! I can easily destroy all the things I have created and rebuilt them whenever I want, stronger and dedicated to my beliefs!!!
As a side note, you have created some incredibly misanthropic music over the years – you even have a song entitled ‘…And Disease Was Spread in a Matter Of Seconds’, which seems especially portentous now. What are your thoughts on current world events? How are you personally coping with it all?
– I feel anger, frustration and total disgust on nowadays world’s evolution!!! That is not progress!!! This is stupidity!!! People die every day because capitalists want to gain more money than they have!!! They convince them that this is life and they must accept it!!! Ignorant and useless masses fight each other, just to make these parasites richer!!! Corruption, cruelty over animals and nature, poverty, disrespect are some of the characteristics of the world we are living!!! These conditions are getting worst each day that passes by and all these maggots get away with the consent of the fucking masses! But nature will eventually wake as also all the worthy people who are struggling to survive and it will be destructive for the whole human race! Fuck humanity and celebrate the destruction of the masses!!! I managed to get away from the big city and isolate myself on my homeland, on the island of Crete. Closer to nature and animals I discovered the meaning of life! People and their parasitical behavior have destroyed all the values and beauties of this world! Away from them, I could start to breathe again and be more creative!!!
Pandemic aside, what have you found the most challenging aspect of running the label has been?
– To find the right persons to work with!!! It was very important for me to cooperate with people who would respect my vision and don’t bring me difficulties, obstacles on the path I have chosen!!!
As suggested in the title, the label also functions as a distro. What sort of titles will we find in there, and how do you select which albums you would like to stock?
– All the other titles I have on my distro come from the trades I had made with people from bands, labels, distro I also knew for years from the underground scene. I don’t contact with labels I don’t know, or with people I don’t trust, in order to bring stuff from them and satisfy my own “customers”. I am not into this kind of shit!!! I bring stuff only from people I know and when time is right, just to support each other!
Something I’m sure everyone will want to know – are you accepting demo submissions? If so, where can they be submitted?
– Of course I accept demo submissions. They have sent me great stuff so far, but I am really full for the next two years with releases from bands and individuals I admired and knew all these years in the underground scene and now is the time to support them and spread their propaganda!!! I have an obligation to stay loyal to the oath I had given, before I create this label.
Aside from music, you are also releasing merch and have several excellent shirts and patches available. Why did you also decide to release merch? Is it something you will continue to do?
– With my label, I have no restrictions. If I want to do something, I will do it! I was thinking also to publish books. I have a lot of things on my mind!!! In the future you will see more things from my label!!!
Someone approaches you and says they are thinking of starting their own label. What advice would you give them?
– I am not the one who will give any directions, advice on how to do something!!! I never asked for advice! I just did it!!! Whatever they need to know, they can easily find it! As long as they are true and dedicated to their vision!
Before this interview ends, I simply must sneak in an inquiry as to the status of your various other musical projects. What is happening with Dødsferd and all the rest? Any news or upcoming releases we should look out for?
– As I mentioned isolating myself from the big city to my homeland, the island of Crete has only benefited me!!! I have been more creative with my main band and I have created more projects different and unique for me!!!
With Dødsferd I just finished the recordings for the second part of Suicide and the Rest of Your Kind Will Follow album. Mixing and mastering has already started. In the meantime I am in the middle of recordings of another full album that returns to the first roots of the band! That will be ready till the end of this year. But I am not in a hurry! Transcending Obscurity is going to release later this year a new 7” EP that is called Skotos. I am also going to release through my label, a compilation album of the depressive era of the band, with a new song included. It will be released on digi cd format, limited tape format, plus merch. It is called, Death Shall Purify the Wounds of Your Fragile Mortality. Moribund Records will also release a compilation album, with the title …and Ashes Will be the Reminder of your Existence, with all my songs from the 7”eps and bonus tracks, plus two new unreleased songs and rare stuff from the first era.
With Grab, we are a full band since 2019 and we have already finished the recordings of our second full album. Till the end of the month it will be ready and I am going to announce more details soon about it on the facebook page of the band. I really can’t wait for this album to be released!!!!
With Leeches, I am just waiting for the CD and LP version of our first EP, to be released and in the end of the year we are going to start the recordings of the new songs. Maybe a limited t-shirt will be released by my label.
I have reactivated Drunk Motherfuckers. We are recording a new EP that will be released through my label.
I have formed a new project with m. Sarvok that is called G.N.L.S. (“Geometric Nictation of Lament’s Space”) and the debut album of this unique project will also be released by my label till the end of the year. You can check the first single of this project, ‘Vulnerable Secret’ on the official YouTube channel of Dødsferd.
Last, I have created Gin Lane, a project more into the post alternative indie sound. Till the end of the year I will start the recording of the debut album of it.
And finally – what lies in the future for Fucking Your Creation? Do you have any forthcoming releases lined up?
– I am going to release till the end of the year the Dødsferd’s compilation on digi cd, tape format and merch, as also the debut album of G.N.L.S on tape format and the debut EP, of a unique musician, m. Sarvok on tape format too. I have signed Gomgoma, a Greek doom death band and in the beginning of 2021 I am going to release their first demos on limited tape format and their debut album on digi CD and tape format, plus merch. Also, 2thebone will enter the studio to record their debut album, which I am going to release. A Nadiwrath compilation is also on my future plans. And more to come!!!
Sincerest thanks for your time, Wrath. All three best with the label! Total support. Any final words or wisdom for us all?
– Thank you very much Aaron for your great interview and your valuable support on my vision through my bands and label. Support the underground and never stop fighting for your freedom with dignity and inner strength!!! Respect nature and animals and stop following retarded masses and useless imposters!!!
Like Black Metal Daily on Facebook for more kvlt sounds and tonal blasphemy.